Saturday 13 January 2018

Looking to the Future

Hi all!

It's been a long journey, but just over two years since I began this blog I have reached my long-awaited milestone of catching up with the published Horus Heresy. For much of the time it was two steps forward, one step back as Heresy novels continued to be published, but with my review of Old Earth posted there are no novels left that I have yet to read and discuss. Thank you to my small group of anonymous followers, wherever you are, for giving me hope and a reason to continue by bumping up those page views. I'd love to hear from you guys, so feel free to leave a comment and I will certainly reply.

Where to now, you ask? Well, I can't think of a better time to announce an expansion of the blog. For the last two years I have restricted The Heresy Reviewed to reviews of the Horus Heresy series, but with the advent of 8th Edition this year the Warhammer universe has never been more exciting and from now on I will be including reviews of novels from Warhammer Fantasy, Horus Heresy: The Primarchs and Warhammer 40K. I already have a review of Guy Haley's Dark Imperium ready to go and there are other novels waiting in the wings.

One of the developments I am most excited about is the new series Horus Heresy: The Primarchs. This series of eighteen planned novellas explores each of the primarchs in turn through stories set during the Great Cruade and earlier, providing us with new insights into their character and history. Six out of the eighteen novellas have been published so far, and I will be presenting double reviews until I catch up with this series as well. Additionally, I will be ranking these novellas as I go to determine which of the eighteen I enjoyed the most, adjusting the leaderboard with each new publication.

Lastly, the final new feature I will be adding to the blog is previews of upcoming releases. Each month Black Library publishes several new titles and I will be keeping you up to date on which ones I will be reading and reviewing.

Thanks again, and happy reading!

RG   

No comments:

Post a Comment